Monday, March 19, 2012

The Small Joys in Life

I must confess, the past few days have been.......AMAZING!

Sure, some exciting things have happened, but it's also the small joys in life and some time to reflect and relax that have made it great. SO, I thought it was time for another FAVORITE THINGS post.

Here are a few of my recent joys:

I mentioned this briefly before. We have one of these trees, a flowering Japanese cherry blossom, in our backyard. With the warmer weather, it is now in full bloom. If you need a little happiness find one of these and sit under it for a few minutes. The flowers are beautiful and the scent is intoxicating.


If you didn't know, I love coffee! Normally, I like to support local shops, but this roast from Starbucks, the Blonde Roast, is a little bit of sunshine and we have been enjoying it frequently.

Spice up your life!! Yes - I know dill is an herb, but 'Herb up your life' sounds a little odd. AND why wouldn't I take a chance to pay homage to the Spice Girls for making Jr. High that much more interesting?! But, back to dill. I have been enjoying this with a little lemon juice, stone ground brown mustard and a little olive oil to make a salad dressing or to pour over cucumbers, tomatoes and shrimp for a quick meal.

Two Cent Offering's partnership with Talk About Curing Autism (TACA). This IS a shameless plug for Chris' music AND in honor of my amazing nephew who turned 5 today (seen on the album cover above)!! Our lil buddy (who has the best smile in the WORLD!) was diagnosed with autism a few years ago, and inspired the song, "Speak Without A Sound" featured on the album, Face the Day. Take a listen and support TACA with your downloads available on iTunes and Amazon. **I dare you to do it RIGHT NOW!!

TIGI Catwalk Your Highness Shampoo and Conditioner is my new favorite. I was hooked on Redken for a long time and I couldn't find anything else I liked, until my beautiful coach from the gym introduced me to this goodness. It smells great, makes your hair feel smooth and silky while volumizing. I believe it is sulphate free too! Plus, you have to feel slightly more luxurious with a shampoo called Your Highness.

So what are some of YOUR favorite things?! Leave a message and share with all your Level 10 Day friends. It can be health and fitness related, or simply an item that brings some joy to your life.

Tomorrow, I will have some recipes for you that we've been enjoying recently AND Chris will share his perspective on his first 10-weeks with FXB on Wednesday.

I am doing this and SO CAN YOU! Make it a Level 10 Day!


So what are some of your little joys?!

No comments:

Post a Comment